Facilities for less able Visitors:
1. Car park: In 2011 our new car park has double the capacity of our previous gravel carpark . There are marked parking bays for less able visitors beside the reception entrance. Groups arriving by coach: we recommend all coaches book in advance especially if carrying less able visitors. There are coach bays near entrance.
2. Specialist minibuses, fitted for wheelchair use, can be taken onto the site but this needs to be arranged prior to the arrival date.
3. Buildings: we endeavour to assist all visitors make the most of their visit. However, some areas have relocated buildings with narrower entrances that cannot be altered as this would affect the authenticity of the building so access may be limited. In 2011 we have added two new buildings which are accessible and a short walk from reception.
4. Ramps: in place at the school (our most popular building), at thereception toilets and to the cafe which is also accessed by outside and internal stairs.
5. Toilets: accessible toilets at reception and at the farm house.
6. Wheelchairs: we do not provide wheelchairs as individual needs vary so much. However, many visitors use their own wheelchairs to go around the venue .
7. Private Mobility scooters: owners can access all areas but the toilets at the farm house are easier for scooters to access as the toilets at main reception are accessed via a ramp.
8. Shop, cafe, audio visual: all areas have been laid out with space for wheelchair users
9. Dogs: Although we have a "no dogs on site policy" we do welcome less able visitor who have "registered assistance dogs" who aid their owners to enjoy their visit,
Contact us by telephone or email if you have any other enquiries regarding access.